By: Mia Cronan
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
You’ll hardly be able to “count” all the compliments you’ll get with this easy to make vampire costume. It’s perfect for all ages and a timeless Halloween tradition. Using clothing that you most likely have around the house and some simple make-up, your little vampire will haunt the neighborhood the whole night.
Discover more easy ideas for outfits -- from spooky to sweet -- in our homemade Halloween costume gallery.
What you'll need:
- White dress shirt
- Black pants
- Black socks
- Black shoes
- Remnant of black fabric for the cape, or a readymade cape from a fabric or craft store
- Hair gel
- Fake fangs
- White, black, and red make-up
- Bow tie (optional)
How to make it:
- Dress your little vampire in the shirt, and button it all the way up. Finish the basic clothing with the pants, sock, and shoes. Drape the black fabric or cape over shoulders and secure with a pin or ties at the neck.
- Slick hair down with gel, part severely down the middle and comb away from face.
- Using white make-up, go over entire face, including under eyes. Using black make-up, create a “widow’s peak” at the hairline, centered over nose. Using red make-up, draw drops of blood around mouth, and dripping down one side (see image).
- Insert fake fangs, and get ready for some Halloween fun!
- We found an inexpensive cape at a local craft store. It was quite long, so we shorted it and stitched the hem higher to prevent a safety hazard.
- A plain dress shirt works great, but if you have access to a tuxedo shirt, that would really complete the look.
- White gloves are an optional accessory, if you have some available.
Mia Cronan is a craft freelancer and mother of five based in Ohio.