VeggieGolf - Blueberry
Parental supervision is recommended
Food you can play with! Veggie Tales characters become a great summer game of croquet for kids when you create this corrugated plastic craft.
What you'll need:
- Blue corrugated plastic
- Yellow corrugated plastic
- White corrugated plastic
- Black "Painters" paint marker
- Tape measure or ruler
- Extremely sharp scissors
- 2 wire hangers
- Wire cutters
- Small pair of pliers
- Scotch brand foam Mounting Tape
- Blue electrical tape
- 3-4" plastic balls in different colors
- Inexpensive plastic golf clubs
How to make it:
- Cut a circle out of the blue corrugated plastic that is 12 inches in diameter. Make sure that when you cut the plastic, the lines in it are vertical. This is so that you can put the hangers in them when you are finished.
- Cut a circular hole in the bottom of the blueberry's body that is 5 inches in diameter.
- Cut a nose out of the blue corrugated plastic.
- Cut 2 eyes out of the white corrugated plastic. Also cut out some blue to go behind the eyes to form eyelids.
- Draw the hair onto the yellow corrugated plastic. Make it a little wider than the body and almost as long.
- Cut out the hair.
- Attach the eyes, nose, and hair with the foam mounting tape.
- Use the black paint marker to draw the inside of the eyes and the eye lashes.
- Cut the hooks off both hangers with the wire cutters.
- Unfold and straighten the hangers.
- Using the pliers, fold down the top 2 inches of each straight wire, forming a hook.
- Push the 2 hangers down through the plastic on either side of the mouth so they come out of the bottom and can be stuck into the ground.
- Secure the hangers on the back side with the blue electrical tape.
You can also use regular cardboard and paint it if you can't get corrugated plastic, but it won't be as durable. Corrugated plastic is made by several manufacturers. It is known as Stratocore or Coreplast, along with other names. Check with your local hobby store.