VeggieGolf - Carrot
Parental supervision is recommended
No eating these carrots! This Veggie Tales carrot becomes part of a great summer game of croquet for kids with this corrugated plastic craft.
What you'll need:
- Orange corrugated plastic
- Yellow corrugated plastic
- White corrugated plastic
- Extremely sharp scissors
- Black "Painters" paint marker
- Scotch brand foam Mounting Tape
- 2 wire hangers
- Wire cutters
- Small pair of pliers
- Orange electrical tape
- Ruler or tape measure
- 3-4" plastic balls in different colors
- Inexpensive plastic golf clubs
How to make it:
- Cut a rounded rectangle shape out of the orange corrugated plastic that is 15 inches long and 8.5 inches wide. Make sure that when you cut the plastic, the lines in it are vertical. This is so that you can put the hangers in them when you are finished.
- Cut a circular hole in the bottom of the rounded rectangle that is 5 inches in diameter.
- Cut a circular nose out of the orange corrugated plastic that is 2 inches in diameter.
- Cut 2 oval eyes out of the white corrugated plastic that are 3 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- Use a pencil and draw the shape of the carrot's hair on the yellow corrugated plastic. Make it as wide as she is, and about half way down her body.
- Cut out the carrot's hair.
- Attach the hair, eyes and nose with the foam mounting tape.
- Use the black paint marker and draw the inside of the carrot's eyes.
- Cut the hooks off both hangers with the wire cutters.
- Unfold and straighten the hangers.
- Using the pliers, fold down the top 2 inches of each straight wire, forming a hook.
- Push the 2 hangers down through the plastic on either side of the mouth so they come out of the bottom and can be stuck into the ground.
- Secure the hangers on the back side with the orange electrical tape.