VeggieGolf - Cucumber
Parental supervision is recommended
Cucumbers can be fun! Recreate your favorite Veggie Tales characters into a summer game of croquet for kids with this corrugated plastic craft.
What you'll need:
- Green corrugated plastic
- White corrugated plastic
- Black "Painters" paint marker
- Extremely sharp scissors
- 2 wire coat hangers
- Wire cutters
- Scotch brand super strength Mounting Tape
- Pen or pencil
- 3-4" plastic balls in different colors
- Inexpensive plastic golf clubs
How to make it:
- Cut out a rectangle that is 18 inches tall and 8.5 inches wide in the green corrugated plastic. Make sure you cut it out so that the corrugated lines are vertical.
- Round the top edges so that it looks like a cucumber.
- Cut a hole out in the base of the green rectangle that is 6 inches in diameter making sure that the lines are vertical. This so you can put the wire hangers down in it when you are finished.
- Cut two oval eyes out of the white corrugated plastic that are 5 inches tall and 3.5 inches wide.
- Cut a circular nose out of the green corrugated plastic that is 2 inches in diameter.
- Cut the cucumber's tooth out of white corrugated plastic. Make it about 2.5 inches tall and 2 inches wide. Round the edges.
- Attach the eyes and nose with strips of the Scotch Mounting Tape.
- Attach the tooth behind the mouth with the mounting tape, too.
- Color in the black part of cucumber's eyes with the black paint marker.
- Snip the hooks off of both wire hangers with the wire cutters. Be careful!
- Straighten out both hangers and stick each one down the inside of the
green corrugated plastic rectangle.
- Leave about 4 inches sticking out from the bottom so you can put it in the ground.
- Fold the remaining wire sticking out of the top over the back of the figure.
- Play the game by taking turns hitting your ball through a maze of veggie characters. First one through the maze, wins!