Victorian Bottle Craft
Parental supervision is recommended
Recycle an ordinary bottle into a work of art with this easy, elegant Victorian Bottle Craft. A lovely gift for kids to make for any occasion.
What you'll need:
- Colored bottles
- Hot glue gun or craft glue
- Fabric paint
- Old jewelry
- Fake jewels
- Fabric (with patterns)
How to make it:
- If you are coordinating a decorating theme, you can cut out
material that matches your color scheme and randomly glue
the pieces on your bottle.
- Use fabric paint to color the trim of the fabric (to keep fabric from fraying) or glue lace around the fabric.
- Tie a piece of raffia into a bow around the neck of the bottle.
- Add buttons, jewelry, (I break the ear piece off pierced earrings and glue the pieces onto the bottle.) or any charms onto the bottle in random or decorative order.
Simple, fast, and inexpensive. Estimated cost: $2-5.00 depending on what decorations you use. (Check out dollar stores for colored bottles, buttons, and earrings in bulk packages.)