Victorian potpourri ornaments
Parental supervision is recommended
Give your Christmas tree a quaint, old-fashioned feel with these victorian potpourri ornaments. By carefully filling the hollow glass balls with potpourri this great craft keeps little hands busy. Crafting has never smelled so sweet.
What you'll need:
- Round clear Christmas ornaments that you can purchase at craft or variety stores
- Loose potpourri
- Dried or fake rosebuds
- 1/2 inch Ribbon, optional
- Glue gun
How to make it:
- Carefully remove the top, hanger-portion of the ornament.
- Push the potpourri into the ornament until full.
- Replace the top back onto the ornament.
- Cut the rosebuds away from the stems. Using your glue gun, glue the rosebuds in a circle around the top of the ornament.
- If you wish, glue a gathered ribbon beside the cluster of rosebuds.
- Attach a standard ornament hanger, or another piece of ribbon to the top and it is ready to be hung on the Christmas Tree. You can be simple or extravagant when you make these (i.e., paper ribbon and fake roses as opposed to velvet ribbon and real dried roses) but they come out looking great! Merry Christmas!