Videotape a Book
Parental supervision is recommended
Brothers, sisters and parents can give younger kids a treasure to last by videotaping a book. This is a wonderful craft to make and give as a gift for family members who may be living far away.
What you'll need:
- Blank Camcorder Cassette
- Blank label for camcorder cassette
- a Child's favorite book or books
- a Friend to turn on the Camcorder or a remote control for the Camcorder
How to make it:
- Check the batteries in the camcorder to be sure they are fresh.
- Sit down in a quiet room, away from phones or TV.
- Set up the camcorder at the right level and distance away to be able to capture both your face and the pictures in the book. Use phonebooks if necessary to adjust the height.
- Insert the cassette, then press record using the remote control, or ask your friend to start recording.
- Start by reading the book, beginning with the title of the book, the author and the illustrator's name.
- Read slowly and speak loudly toward the microphone.
- Be sure to show the child each page in the book.
- Feel free to make comments about the characters in the book, just as you would if the child was sitting next to you.
- Remember to say The End.
- Be sure to write the titles of the books on the label.