Washcloth Candy Craft
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
This washcloth candy craft is sure to be a big hit at a baby shower! New moms will appreciate the thoughtfulness that went into putting it together and you’ll be surprised at just how easy it is to make!
What you'll need:
- Baby washcloths
- Safety or stick pins
- Lollipop sticks (optional)
- Craft sticks (optional)
How to make it:
- For each candy, cut a piece of cellophane about 9” x 12”. The dimention does not need to be exact.
- Fold the washcloth in half, then again in the same direction, and a third time in the same direction. This will give you a long folded strip.
- Roll the strip up jelly roll style and secure the end with a stick pin inserted into the end of the washcloth and pushed safely into the center, or with a small safety pin.
- Roll the washcloth into the cellophane and tie a piece of ribbon snugly at both ends. Trim the ends of the ribbon and the cellophane.
- To make a lollipop, repeat the rolling and pinning process then wrap the washcloth roll in cellophane. Instead of having the cellophane open at both ends like with the candies, the cellophane should gather together in one spot.
- Insert a lollipop stick into the cellophane and secure tightly with ribbon. This will keep the stick from falling out.
- To make an ice cream bar, layer three washcloth strips on top of each other and fold in the center. Wrap with cellophane and insert a craft stick, secure with ribbon.
- Make larger pieces of candy by rolling two washcloth strips together.
- Make multicolored candy by using two different colored washcloths.
- Try different colored cellophanes or find one with a pattern for a fun twist.