Watering Can Mother's Day Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 5 & up
Parental supervision is recommended
Shower your mom with love this Mother's Day with this adorable watering can card!
What you'll need:
How to make it:
Step 1: MAKING THE CARD
- Trace and cut out card pattern on pale blue cardstock.
- Trace and cut out grass pattern on spring green cardstock.
- Trace and cut out watering can pattern on silver paper (can, handle, and spout).
- Trace and cut out flowers patterns on design cardstock.
- Trace and cut out sun pattern on yellow tissue paper. Punch a hole on the left top side of card.
- Thread first piece of ribbon ¼” W x 6” L through hole and tie a knot.
- Thread second piece of ¼” W x 15”L ribbon through hole and tie a bow.
Step 2: MAKING THE WATERING CAN
- Have an adult score ¼” width on each side of watering can and fold sides inward to make flaps.
- Glue watering can flaps onto the front bottom center of card.
- Curl one end of the watering can handle with pencil and apply glue to top and bottom of handle and place on left side of can.
- Wind fishing line around your hand (5) times creating loops and tie a knot at one end.
- Glue knotted end of fishing line to the center of the inside of the watering can spout.
- Cut off various lengths of looped ends of fishing line (for water pouring from spout).
- Punch out (10) heart shapes on design cardstock using heart-shaped punch.
- Glue a heart on each end of fishing line at spout.
- Glue an additional heart the back of each heart on the fishing wire.
- Create a spout by rolling the pattern into a cone shape and cut ends on angle
- Glue wide end together and then to right side of can
Step 3: MAKING THE GRASS
- Place double-sided padded tape to back of first strip of grass.
- Tape grass to bottom front edge of card.
- Place double-sided padded tape to back of second strip of grass.
- Tape second strip over top of first strip of grass.
Step 4: MAKING THE SUN AND RIBBON
- Place double sided padded tape on back of flowers. Place larger flowers on top of card above watering can.
- Place small flowers on top of larger flowers.
- Glue a small button at center of flowers.
- Using glue stick, glue sun on front at top edge of card.
- Using glue stick, glue sun's rays under sun.
- To reduce steps, color in sun and grass using pencil crayons.