Give a gift to newlyweds that they can really use - Wedding pillowcases--a great craft to make and give as a gift for bridal showers.
What you'll need:
- 1 yard of Bridal fabric 42-45" wide (cotton/polyester blend or 100% cotton)
- Sewing machine
- Matching thread (match to background color)
- Measuring tape
- Straight pins
How to make it:
- Match selvages together, right sides together. Pin sides and one end.
- Sew, using 5/8" seam allowance, one end of the pillowcase closed.
- Sew up the selvage end. Be sure to backtack all beginning and ending
- Fold over the open end 1/4" from the top (wrong sides together). Sew
along this edge.
- Fold over 3" from the top (again to the wrong sides). Sew along this
- Turn pillowcase right side out.
- Press with iron.
You can make this in a soft lovely print, or one that is whimsical with hearts all over it. An easy sewing project for a beginning sewer.