By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This bewitching witch's hat makes a great table decoration for your Halloween party.
What you'll need:
- 2 sheets of black construction paper
- 1 sheet felt (green, orange, purple, or red)
- Strip of black felt
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Roll 1 sheet of black paper into a cone. Secure with tape (see image).
- Trim the bottom of the cone so that it will stand up on the table.
- Use a cup or jar as a guide and cut out a circle from black paper large enough for the hat brim.
- Glue the cone to the circle and set aside to dry (see image).
- Cut ¼” or ½” strips of felt and glue them around the cone.
- Cut a strip of black felt to go around the base of the cone.
- If you like, cut a bat out of black felt and glue to your hat.
- Buy construction paper at the dollar store for plenty of fun projects.
- Felt is inexpensive so stock up on 5 or 6 sheets each time you go to the store.
- Traditional Halloween colors include black, orange, purple, red and green. However, you can use whatever colors you like for this project!