Wizard Magnetic Picture Frame
Parental supervision is recommended
Ever picture yourself as a wizard? Now you can when you make this cool craft foam Wizard Magnetic Picture Frame for your refrigerator.
What you'll need:
- Black craft foam
- Tulip glitter (in bottle)
- Scrap piece of acetate/plastic (see tips)
- Tacky glue
- Flat magnet
- White gel pen or another pen that would write on black
- Small photograph such as a school small wallet sized
- Large circle punch (1" to 2" size)
How to make it:
- Draw the wizard hat on paper. You can draw it with the tip of the hat going straight up, or bent as in our picture.
- Cut out the pattern.
- Draw around the pattern on the black craft foam with the white pen. Draw 2 hats.
- Cut out both hats.
- On one hat only, either hole punch for a picture or use your paper and pen to draw a circle pattern. Then cut out the circle on the black foam with your scissors.
- Cut the acetate to fit behind the hole in the wizard hat.
- Glue just around the hole and place the acetate on it.
- Glue the front of the hat to the back of the hat. Be sure to leave a space on the side so you can slip the picture in behind the acetate.
- Glue a magnet on the back of the frame.
- Use the glitter paint to paint on squiggles or stars on the hat.
- Let dry.
- Cut your favorite picture (with permission, of course) to fit the wizard hat frame and slip inside.
- Place on your refrigerator, metal file cabinet, but be sure to keep magnets away from your computer and computer disks!
The use of the acetate or plastic is to protect your photograph, especially if you put it in the kitchen. You can use the plastic "window" in a spaghetti box, plastic that holds something you buy (such as our marker box), or some leftover transparency paper. You'll find lots of things that come packaged in plastic that would have a small flat area you could cut up for frame windows.