Woven Easter Box
Parental supervision is recommended
What you'll need:
- 1 or 2 Shoeboxes
- Craft knife (needs to be sharp)
- Tacky glue
- Easter grass
How to make it:
In the picture, I chose 2 different shoeboxes in similar designs but different colors to weave with.
- Using the craft knife, make evenly spaced vertical slits in the shoebox from just under the glued edge to about and inch from the bottom. You can choose whether you want to weave the ends or just the sides.
- Cut the long side double edge of the shoebox lid. This will be the handle.
- Open up the top of the shoebox flat. Cut strips from the top of the box (these will be the strips to weave).
- Weave strips through the box. (see photo)
- Glue the ends of the strips to the box.
- Staple the handle on to the top of the box. (see photo)
- Fill with Easter grass. Enjoy hunting for eggs!