Yarn Scrap Ornament
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 5 and up
The beauty of this ornament is there will never be more than one the same! Make your own unique Christmas tree ornament today.
What you'll need:
- Green yarn
- White glue
- Wax paper
- 1 chenille stem or ribbon
How to make it:
- Lay a piece of wax paper out on the work surface.
- Pour some white glue onto a paper plate or into a small bowl.
- Cut pieces of yarn into varying lengths. Lay out pieces onto work surface first to be sure you have enough to make your design.
- Dip pieces of yarn into white glue completely covering each piece. Squeeze of the excess so that they don’t drip. Place pieces of glued yarn onto the wax paper, overlapping each piece as you work.
- Allow to dry overnight.
- Once the yarn is dry, loosen it from the wax paper.
- Use white glue to add buttons as ornaments. Let dry.
- Add chenille stem or ribbon hanger.
- Substitute buttons with beads or sequins.
- You can use white yarn and once dry, dip in glue then green glitter.
- This can be a messy project. Be sure to protect clothing and have a damp wash cloth handy to wipe up little fingers.
More Holiday Fun