Yogurt Cup Pin Cushion
By: Tania Cowling
Age: 7 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Do you want a cute gift to make from a yogurt cup? Any mom, grandmother, or aunt would love this creative work of art made by you and your child (an older child could do this craft alone, too).
What you'll need:
- Yogurt container, cleaned and dried
- Thread and needle (or sewing machine)
- Decorative supplies (scrap fabric, paper, stickers, buttons, and so on)
- Stick pins
How to make it:
- Cut a piece of fabric three inches larger than the circumference of the yogurt cup rim.
- Sew a running stitch one-half inch from the edge of the fabric or show your older child how to do this.
- Gently gather the thread and pull to make this fabric into a "cushion" shape.
- Stuff the inside of the cushion with fiberfill until firm.
- Apply glue just inside the rim of the cup and place the cushion inside.
- To decorate the outside, choose fabric, paper, or decorated adhesive paper. Glue in place and invite your child to enhance the cup as desired.
- Allow to dry and place a few brightly colored sewing pins into the pincushion before delivering this gift.